Pages

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Obey and respect vs follow

I have forgotten how many times I have watch [Brave heart], I really love this movie, and few days ago when I watch it again, I'm found this conversation between Robert the Bruce and William Wallace really interesting.


Robert the Bruce: I'm not a coward. I want what you want, but we need the nobles.
William Wallace: We need them?
William Wallace: Nobles.
[laughs a little]
William Wallace: Now tell me, what does that mean to be noble? Your title gives you claim to the throne of our country, but men don't follow titles, they follow courage. Now our people know you. Noble, and common, they respect you. And if you would just lead them to freedom, they'd follow you. And so would I

Now I have a better picture between respect, obey and follow. 

I'll respect and obey those above me but I follow Jesus
I'll respect and obey rules but I follow Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment